Welcome to Dazaifu Public Library
Dazaifu Public Library offers information and materials to citizens.
It is our motto to make our lending and reference services very useful to you.
- Tuesday-Thursday,Sunday 10a.m.-6p.m
- Friday,Saturday 10a.m.-7p.m. (In case National Holiday falls on Friday or Saturday,10a.m.-6p.m.)
- Monday (In case it is National Holiday,the library will be closed the following day.）
- The last Wednesday every month (In case it is National Holiday,the Library will be closed the following day.)
- December 28- January 4
- Book organazing period (approximately 14days par year.)
- Anyone who lives or works or attends school in Dazaifu city,or lives in cities in the Fukuoka city sphere can be registered as a member.
- Please fill in the application form in the Library or the book mobile and submit it to the counter.A library card will be issued immediatery.
- Please show us an identification to confirm your present address.(e.g. Driver's license, Social insurance certificate)
- There is no charge to borrowers.
- The card valid for 3 years for Dazaifu regident,otherwize for 1 year.
- You can use the card at the Library and the book mobile.
- There is no limit on the number of books and magazines you may borrow.
- Regarding conpact disks,video tapes,DVDs and casettes you may borrow up to 10 pieaces in total.However, the number of video tapes and DVDs should be up to 2 in all.
- Viewing and listening facilities are also available in the library.
- You can renew the borrowing unless itis reserved by someone eles.
- You can't borrow in case of following.
- If you delay returning the borrowing that is reserved by someone else.
- If you delay returning the borrowing over two months.
- When you cannot find a book that you want to read or it is borrowed by someone eles, you can reserve it. Please fill out an application (Request card), then hand it to the person at the counter.
For the Handicapped：
- You may photocopy any materials in the library within the limit of copyright regulations .
- Please fill out a photocopy application form.
- It costs 10yen per page.
Book Mobile "SukuSuku"：
- Wheel chairs are available.
- An assistvision is available.
- A book reading service is available for the blind.
- Our book mobile"SukuSuku" goes around 37 stations in the city per two-weeks.
Book mobile"SukuSuku" Schedule (for Japanese)
Station map (for Japanese)
- When you lost borrowing or your card, please inform us as soon as possible.
- Please return books to the Library from where they have been borrowed.